Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

Summer Learning Journey

Hello follow bloggers,

For the holidays I am do something called Learning Journey and they give me an activity to do everyday.Today I was given some tasks to do. I had to learn about how the Polynesians were the first people to come to New Zealand and three facts about Maui.

Here are my three facts:

Activity 1
Here are my three facts:

  • 1  Maui had four brothers, their names were: Maui-teha, Maui-roto, Maui-pae and Maui-waho.
  • 2 Maui pulled the North Island  (Te Ika A Maui) up from underneath the water and the South Island ( Te Wai Pounamu) is Maui's waka .
  • 3 The hook that Maui used to pull up the North Island was made out of his grandmothers' jaw bone.
Activity 2 

Dear Friends,

I am writing to you as I travel across the Pacific on our waka, heading to our new home in New Zealand. 
I am pretty nervous about the new country, but I am excited to the country side and the new animals that might be living there.
The journey has been long. Our food and water has been rationed. We have seen turtles and dolphins.

I hope all is well back at home.
From Cerys 

Bonus Activity  

NO I would not like to be in a waka race because your arms would for sure be sore after doing that then the next day your arms and solders would be sore . So that is why I would not be in a waka race.

6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Cerys,

    What an awesome job you have done for day One's activities! I am very impressed with how much detail you put into your letter, food and water would definitely have been rationed on a big journey like that. Dolphins are my favourite! Have you had the chance to see any in real life?

    Yes if you did a Waka Ama race your arms and shoulders would definitely get sore! Since you wouldn't want to do a Waka race, what kind of sport would you like to do?

    Looking forward to seeing your blogposts tomorrow! Keep up the great work and I encourage you to include pictures or drawings in your posts if you want.

    Nga mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Georgia
      Yes I have seen dolphins in real life when I went fishing with my Dad.
      The sport I like to do is rippa rugby.
      From Cerys

      Delete
  2. Hello Cerys can you please come check out my blog and I like the reason why you don't woun't to do the Waka Ama race

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cerys,
    I like your blog post you are doing so well.
    From Indi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Cerys
    From Sara

    ReplyDelete